BAME Training Workshops for Young People
1 Session : Cross cultural and Cultural Awareness
- This training will empower the participants to acquire knowledge and skills on how-to live-in UK and thrive in a diverse community.
- This training workshop will equip young people to deal with cultural shocks when they interact, work and deal with other people from different diversity backgrounds.
- This training will help the young people understand how the law protects them from discrimination
- The participants will understand about cultural differences and enable participants to view the world from a different perspective.
- Appreciate sense of belonging and view their culture as strength, rather than as a barrier when accessing services
Session 2 : Careers and Employability
- Career advice and guidance
- How to prepare a CV
- Job application
Session 3 : Employability Skills
- Job interviews
- Interview preparation – before the Job interview
- During the Job interviews
- After the interview
Session 4: Business start-up and Entrepreneurship
- Preparing for Business start-up
- Writing Business plan
- Exploring Entrepreneurship & Registering business
- Managing Business finance
Session 5: Conflict resolution at workplace
- Exploring different types of conflict management within the workplace
- Understanding the levels and types of conflicts
- Strategies of dealing with conflict
Session 6: Emotional intelligence
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Difference between optimism and pessimism
- Validate emotions in others
- What is anger?
- Understanding the costs vs pay offs
- Anger process
- How does anger affect the way we think?
- Managing anger
- Communication tips